Alex B.

I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B...;)

Monday, February 9, 2015

Wonder Draft 5



    How many rules do you know of? I know a lot. Maybe you can even name ten rules you know maybe for school or home or just life in general. Have you ever heard of the “Golden Rule”? If you haven’t, it means to treat others how you want to be treated by them. If you are about to judge someone, think about how you would feel if you were in their shoes. In chapter one, Ordinary, on page 3, it says "I know I'm not an ordinary ten-year-old kid ........ I know ordinary kids don't get stared at wherever they go." August is aware that his face looks different from everyone else's. He would probably stare at someone else if their face looked like his. "My name is August, by the way. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse." I think the meaning of Wonder is to treat others how you would like to be treated and to remember to never judge anyone no matter what.

   Throughout the book, it shows that, in the beginning, August struggles to fit in during his first year of school. It's hard enough starting a new middle school. It's impossible for me to imagine what it would be like starting a new school and having to get through it with a disorder right smack on my face. Where everyone gets looked at the most. This shows that, even when he really wants to and has bad days, August never gives up no matter how much he wants to. No matter how many bad days.
    

   Also in the story, on page 118, part three starts. The narrator is now Summer and the quote showing on the first page is as follows:
“You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can’t bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can’t bring you down”
--Christina Aguilera, “Beautiful”
This shows that it doesn't matter what someone says about you that you are still a good person. Being beautiful doesn't always mean that you look good. Sometimes it's about who you are on the inside and not how you look.

   By the end, you could say Auggie was pretty much famous at his school. After the trip to camp, everyone has heard about the fight that occurred there. August, Amos, Henry, Miles, and Jack had gotten into a fight with Eddie and his friends. They were really mean and rude. They called Auggie names like “Gollum”, “Alien”, an ”orc”, and “Freddie Krueger”. Everyone feels bad for him and some people think he is very brave. Everyone except Julian is giving Auggie high fives and patting him on the back and stuff. "Amos looked at me and nodded. “It was cool how you stood your ground, little dude,” he said, high-fiving me."

   Have you ever broken a bone? Well then you know that it heals with time. You know that you only need to wear a cast for a few weeks depending on how bad it is. During that time, everyone wants to know what happened and they always stare at you. Well, when you have facial disorder, your face doesn’t heal. You never get the cast off. Everyone will stare at you for the rest of your life and there is nothing you can do to make it less noticeable unless you want to cover it up completely for the rest of your life. That is hard to deal with but things will turn out fine if you never give up. When you start thinking about judging others, remember this; “How would it feel if others judged you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment