Alex B.

I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B.I'm Alex B...;)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wonder Literary Essay With Parenthetical Picture Plans

 How many rules do you know of? (rules) I know a lot. Maybe you can even name ten rules you know maybe for school or home or just life in general(a house). Have you ever heard of the “Golden Rule”? If you haven’t, it means to treat (container of dog treats) others how you want to be treated by them.(eating a dog treat that someone gave to me) If you are about to judge someone(a judge slamming down their mallet thingy and yelling, "Order in the court!"), think about how you would feel if you were in their shoes(Me trying on someone else's huge shoes). In chapter one, Ordinary(a person licking an ice cream cone), on page 3(Page 3 of  a magical golden book), it says "I know I'm not an ordinary ten-year-old kid(an ordinary ten year old kid)....I know ordinary kids (a group of popular people eating ice cream)don't get stared at wherever they go.(a group of popular people eating ice cream getting stared at)" August (a calendar opened up to the month of August)is aware that his face looks different from everyone else's.(a weird looking guy getting exterminated by the Ghost Busters) He would probably stare at someone else if their face looked like his(a person watching a a movie about ghost busters exterminating the kid). "My name is August, by the way. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.” To give you an idea, Auggie has a cleft palate and some other stuff. He has had 27 different surgeries some big, most small.(a crazy doctor) I think the meaning of Wonder is to treat others how you would like to be treated and to remember to never judge (a judge) anyone no matter what.


   Throughout the book, (an open book) it shows that, in the beginning, August struggles to fit in during his first year of school because of people judge him a lot and assume that he’s weird or stupid(my brother) just because of how he looks on the outside(a beautiful rainbow). It's hard enough starting a new middle school. It's impossible for me to imagine (thought bubble)what it would be like starting a new school and having to get through it with a disorder right smack on my face.  Don’t you think that’s just about where everyone gets looked at the most? I sure do. This shows that, even on one of his worst days, Auggie never gives up. No matter how much he wants to.($) No matter how many bad days. (rain cloud with lightning coming out of it)
    


   Also in the story, on page 118, part three starts. The narrator is now Summer (a waterfall)and the quote("") showing on the first page is as follows:
“You are beautiful (person wearing to much makeup)no matter what they say
Words can’t bring you down(words jumping on top of an innocent guy)
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can’t bring you down”
--Christina Aguilera, “Beautiful”
This shows that it doesn't matter what someone says about you that you are still a good person. (Thumbs up)Being beautiful doesn't always mean that you look good. Sometimes it's about who you are on the inside and not how you look. This is a perfect example of how Auggie’s life is. People always judge him by how he looks. They don’t even bother meeting him or saying “hi” to see what he’s like on the inside.(X-ray glasses)

   By the end, you could say Auggie was pretty much famous (Rick star)at his school(school). After the trip to camp, (a bus filled with people)everyone has heard about the fight that occurred there. August, Amos, Henry, Miles, and Jack had gotten into a fight with Eddie and his friends. (People in a fight)They were really mean and rude. They called Auggie names like “Gollum”(gollum), “Alien”,(an alien) an ”orc”, (an orc)and “Freddie Krueger”(Freddie Krueger). Everyone feels bad for Auggie. They think he’s cool (
��)now and they are proud of him (proud people)even if they don’t know him. Most people think he is very brave. (brave person)Everyone except Julian is giving Auggie high fives (someone giving someone else a high five)and patting him (someone patting someone on the back)on the back and stuff. "Amos looked at me and nodded. “It was cool how you stood your ground, little dude,” he said, high-fiving me."(��) When Amos said this back at camp, August was really proud of himself and when he high fived Amos, everyone else wanted to give him one, too. It made August feel really happy(happy marshmallows) and warm inside.(a fireplace) I think that eventually everyone will be on Auggie’s side, not Julian’s.


   Have you ever broken a bone?(cast) Well then you know that it heals with time. You know that you only need to wear a cast for a few weeks depending on how bad it is. During that time, everyone wants to know what happened and they always stare at you(Someone staring). But, usually it isn’t in a mean way. When you have facial disorder, your face doesn’t heal (broken face). You “never get the cast off (A person with a cast on their arm)”. Everyone will stare at you for the rest of your life and there is nothing you can do to make it less noticeable unless you want to cover it up completely(bank robber in a mask) for the rest of your life(Timeline). That is hard to deal with but things will turn out fine if you never give up. When you start thinking (thought bubble) about judging others, remember this; “How would it feel if others judged you?”(a judge)

No comments:

Post a Comment